|Rating:||Dificulty: Share||Easy reader: PRINT:|
Learn some basic vocabulary for Christmas in Britain (a little test for practice at the end).
1. It´s Christmas time!
2. BABY JESUS: People celebrate the birth of Jesus.
3. HOLLY SPRIG: It is one of the symbols of christmas. Red and green are the traditional colours of Christmas. Holly protects home from evil spirits and brings good luck.
4. FATHER CHRISTMAS: He is a man with white hair, a beard and a moustache. He makes all the toys for Christmas in his home in the North.
5. SLEIGH Father: Christmas travels on a sleigh.
6. REINDEER: Reindeers pull the sleigh.
7. CHRITMAS TREE: People have a Christmas tree at home and they put their presents under it.
8. STAR: There´s usually a star on top of the Christmas tree.
9. CHRISTMAS BELLS: Christmas trees are decorated with bells.
10. BAUBLE: People decorate their trees with baubles.
11. TINSEL: They also decorate the trees with tinsels
12. PRESENT: People exchange presents on Christmas Day
13. CRACKER: It´s a coloured paper tube twisted on both ends and filled with a party hat, a joke and a toy.
14. CANDLE: They light candles.
15. TURKEY: Roast turkey is the traditional food on Christmas Day.
16. CHRISTMAS PUDDING: They have Christmas pudding for dessert on Christmas Day. It is a type of fruit cake.
17. SNOW MAN: They make snowmen if it snows.
18. NATIVITY SCENE: Some people have nativity scenes in their homes.
19. SHEPHERD: Shepherds are important elements in the nativity scene.
20. DONKEY: The donkey is also an important element in the nativitiy scene.
21. ANGEL: And the angel too.
22. NOW, TEST YOUR MEMORY
23. What do people celebrate?
The birth of Jesus.
24. What are the traditonal colours of Chritmas ? And the plant?
Red and green..
* What is Father Christmas like? Describe him.
* How does he travel?
* Who pulls the sleigh?
26. What do people put under the Christmas tree? And on top? What do they decorate the tree with?
27. What´s the menu on Christmas Day?
28. What´s this?
Name some important elements in the nativity scene.